Counselling for Adolescents
What is Young People's Counselling?
If you are looking for a counsellor for your son or daughter who is between the ages of 11 and 18, then you may find this information useful.
Young People's Counselling is for any young person who's having problems. Whether it's depression and mental health concerns or issues with parents or people at school.
Some issues faced by a young person can be:
- problems at school such as bullying, not coping with lessons
- issues at home with parents or siblings
- worried about exams
- not fitting in within their peer groups
- exhibiting self-harming behaviours
- addicted to social media and experiencing low self-esteem
Counselling allows them talk about how they feel, separate from school and home life and can help them get back to enjoying life.